Study in Finland

  • If you study in Finland for more than three (3) months, a residence permit is required. The studies should lead to graduation. Exchange students are also granted a residence permit if they study within an approved exchange program.

  • An investigation of your livelihood is also required. This means that you must be able to prove that you can support yourself. You are not entitled to the Student Financial Aid in Finland and you need a medical insurance that covers the medical care in Finland.

  • You must have completed a certain amount of your studies in order to apply for an extension of your residence permit. Make sure to check how much you are allowed to work while studying. You can contact the immigration service if you have questions.

  • The residence permit for students is temporary (B-permit). The studies may continue for more than a year, but the permit is usually granted for one year at a time. If you want to stay in Finland after you have completed your studies you will need to apply for a new residence permit on different grounds such as work or family. After graduating from your studies you may be granted a temporary residence permit to search for a job. This permit is valid for six (6) months.                 
Content Widgetarea
Bottom Widgetarea