"the Port" - an information point
Welcome to the Integration Port (abbreviated "the Port") in the Jakobstad region.
Did you recently move to Finland? Do you need help to settle down? Do you have practical questions? Our task is to contribute, in the best way possible, to the offering of participating in community life to all new arrivals. You can get tutoring in English, Swedish or Finnish or with help of an interpreter if needed.
You can receive, for example:
- Help learning more about the Finnish society.
- Information on the services different authorities provides (the police, the Local Register Offices, FPA (Kela), the tax office, the TE-office).
- An initial assessment and associated support follow-ups (for non TE-office clients).
- Help finding language courses and education.
- Help organizing daycare and education for your children.
- Information on rules concerning work and labor migration.
- Tips on fun leisure time activities.
- Counsel concerning residence and economy.
Feel free to come visit us at "the Port". We are located at Strengbergsporten, the entrance to the left from Alholmsgatan.
Integration Port Jakobstad:
Strengbergsgatan 1, 68600, Jakobstad
Phone: 06 7863 210
Monday - Tuesday & Thursday - Friday 13 - 16
Integration Port Nykarleby
Town hall, Topeliusesplanaden 7
Phone: 06 786 3210
odd numbered weeks Fridays 13 - 16